August 15, 2015
- 1. Cardio Killer – I have spent numerous hours on spin bikes, treadmills and elliptical machines. You know what? They get you nowhere fast, literally! Now these pieces of equipment are not completely useless, they do have a place. However, I never got the level of effectiveness that i do with CrossFit.
- 2. Girls, Lift and Look Good – Girls, you wont bulk up. Most guys find it really really hard to put on any bulk and they have the hormonal makeup to get big, girls don’t. Cardio burns calories while your doing it, strength training on the other hand, keeps the caloric blaze burning while you rest.
- 3. Everyone is Welcome – Can’t do a pull up or muscle up? Guess what, neither can most, but they are all working on it. True story: It took me over 12 months before I could do double unders, yes, i had to scale my workouts for a very long time. I couldn’t do muscle ups, I couldn’t do olympic lifting. However, I had great coaches that scaled my workouts and gave me basic progressions for the more difficult movements. This is how we make CrossFit suitable to everyone.
- 4. Friend Finder – Outside of work, it is hard to find friends, it can be hard to meet new people. CrossFit is a great way to meet new people, you are training with like minded people. I have made some life long friends in CrossFit and it is great having them cheer me on and inspiring me to do better.
- 5. Partner Up – In line with number 4, many relationships have started at CrossFit. If you can “FRAN” together (a really tough workout), your future together is bright. I’m certainly not saying you should join CrossFit to meet your life long mate, but if you did, you certainly wouldn’t be the first.
- 6. Be Challenged – Do you feel like you could do more with your life but aren’t? Well, get ready to be challenged in ways that you have never imagined. CrossFit isn’t just physical, it is mental. You will need mind, body and spirit to get through some workouts. But guess what? Everyone is here to support you and will help get you across the line. I have never meet such a supportive group of people. CrossFit is all about community.
- 7. The Best Shape Of Your Life – I have tried just about every different fitness regime and played multiple different sports. None of them got me as fit as CrossFit. When I played basketball, I always had ankle injuries. Football I always had busted fingers or pulled muscles. Martial arts took a serious toll on my knees. I have now been into CrossFit for almost 7 years and have been injury free! Yes, every know and then i need to back off a little because of a bump of bruise but never any injuries that have put me out for periods of time.
- 8. IT’S FUN – When it is fun and you enjoy it, guess what? You will stick with it!
If you would like to learn more about what CrossFit 5000 is all about please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org